By beginning with a swirl of paint, children will learn, make their own decisions, and just create! Your child will be proudly showing you their art production in our Hall of Fame in the tour on the last day of camp.
The painting activities in the camp are designed to be explored differently and they are enriching for a range of ages and skill levels. Your child will be introduced to different media and will be given options to practice on variety of themes and different challenge levels but with an emphasis on acrylic painting and water color. They will have fun exploring painting using brushes, stamps, foams, and even fingers!
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME
- Gain understanding about color theory, a practical guidance of color mixing and the visual effect of different combinations
- Acquire basic painting skills and specialize in acrylic and water color painting
- Experience using different media, brushes, and related painting supplies to achieve desirable results
- Be inspired by artists from different cultures
- Find joy in having the space to be creative and discover new ways of producing art
- Be proud of their art portfolios and become confident in future pursuit in art
THE BIG PICTURE
Little kids are masters of the moment – while they are creating, art helps boost their self-confidence. While art encourages creativity, it also builds patience and determination. It helps children regulate their emotions and gives them joy as they see beauty and accomplishment.