Our weekly summer camp for kids in grades 4 through 6 will teach them these important personal finance skills through an exciting simulation. Your child will simulate planning a vacation, researching for fun things to do, and learn to do price comparison. He/she may even plan a simple day trip that is implementable as a play date with his/her new friends.
The camp will help them learn the importance of budgeting and planning ahead for their financial future at a young age. This simulation will help them learn and practice basic math skills, which will give them a jump start on their math classes during the school year. Most importantly, it makes math relevant and thus the learned skills become easier to retain. Our camp makes learning a blast and keeps your child engaged during the summer camp.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME
- Become well practiced with number operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Become familiarized with decimals and acquire math concepts related to percentage
- Problem solving and application via simulation projects
- Acquire budgeting concepts and prioritization for purchase
- Practice research skills and develop price comparison wisdom
THE BIG PICTURE The best way to teach kids to start managing money is by allowing them to earn small allowance, save and invest. In doing this, kids begin to understand the value of money. Financial literacy is extremely important, but most of the time the busy schedule may not allow parents to teach their kids the skills needed to make effective money management decisions. A summer camp would be a very good opportunity to teach this essential skill when it can be taught via engaging activities, at a comfortable pace, and best of all, while having fun with their friends.