Legend Learning Center is an ideal place to send your kids to for care and learning activities after school. At Legend, you will find a safe environment designed and built with younger students in mind. Our playground provides the outdoor space for breaks in between learning activities. Homework coaching is only one of the many benefits your kid gets at Legend After School. Other benefits include providing each kid with a supplemental learning plan and curriculum to augment studies in languages and math, enabling a good working habit, and taking enrichment classes at no additional cost. Our after school teachers are caring and experienced. While attending to your kids’ academic needs, our after school teachers do not forget their individuality. We treat each kid as an individual and guidance is provided based on that understanding. Our after school program includes a reliable transportation service, full-day specialty programs when schools are not in session, and STAR test prep at no extra cost.
The Lego Robotics Program at Legend Learning is a fun and educational approach to STEM learning. Students use popular Lego sets such as NXT robots to understand the value of team work in order to develop a wide variety of projects. Students are encouraged to use Mathematics, Physics and proven Engineering practices in order to achieve their goals. Challenges vary in level of difficulty and are designed to be adaptable to the tastes and personality of the students. The emphasis here is in learning how to best solve a realistic problem while having fun and learning important life skills! Our kids summer program in Lego Robotics is one of the few in Cupertino.
Some examples of projects include:
– Developing and designing an all terrain Mars Rover
– Building a moving human-like android
– Designing a working catapult and trebuchet
– Developing various moving robots designed to follow a set of instructions in a given path and time frame
Skills Sets Encouraged and Developed:
– Proven Engineering practices such as design, development, testing, QA, and documentation
– Rigorous scientific inquiry and methodologies
– Understanding the difference between required and desired features
– Understanding the dynamic of efficient and productive teamwork to reach a desired goal
– Developing imagination, creativity and flexibility in designing a technical product which fulfills a set of desired features